What We Do
Through the contributions of more than 50,000 members working collectively, the Virginia Education Association fulfills these important aims:
• VEA advocates for public education, as well as the professional development and fair treatment of educators.
• VEA helps members develop their skills, and VEA members help each other become better teachers through mentoring and sharing of ideas and techniques.
• VEA helps members save time by providing easy access to information and resources to help them with their profession.
• VEA advocates at both the state and school division level for competitive salaries as well as increased school funding, so Virginia can retain and attract good teachers.
• VEA works to show the public the important social good that public schools, teachers, and education support professionals deliver.
• VEA defends and protects members from unfair regulations, working conditions and professional liabilities.
VEA is the state affiliate of the National Education Association, bringing national resources to its members and carrying their concerns and needs to the national level.