The Virginia Education Association draws upon the collective strength of its 50,000-plus members to make public schools a better place to learn and to work.
6 Ways You'll Benefit By Joining Our Professional Community
1. Influence. As the largest organization of professional educators in Virginia, we have the clout to influence salaries, working conditions, and budgets for quality school programs that benefit all students.
2. Collegiality. Teachers understand and support one another. Through the Association, you and your colleagues have the opportunity to discuss and act on the professional issues that matter to you. And our free- or low-cost seminars are a great opportunity to meet and learn from new colleagues!
3. Classroom ideas. You'll benefit from great instructional ideas through your subscription to the Virginia Journal of Education, included in your membership. Add to that your access to the VEA and NEA Web sites, and you have a treasure trove of strategies and tips to sharpen your craft.
4. Grant opportunities. Every year, VEA members earn thousands of dollars in competitive grants from the VEA and the NEA Foundation to support instructional innovation, leadership, and other priorities. If you have a great idea, we can help make it happen.
5. Advocacy and legal protection. It takes only one unfounded accusation to turn your career upside down. If the worst happens, your Association membership is your lifeline. You'll be represented by a skilled, locally-based VEA/NEA UniServ Director and, if necessary, an attorney. And you'll be covered by the Association Educators Employment Liability policy with its $1 million of insurance for claims relating to your education employment activities.
6. Cost-saving member benefits. Through the buying power of the NEA's 3.2 million members, you'll be eligible for a host of great programs from NEA Member Benefits. Check out http://www.neamb.com/ for their great rates on insurance, mobile phone plans, home financing, and much more!
Join us today! Here's how:Contact your Local Association president, building representative, or UniServ office.
- Call VEA at 1-800-552-9554.
- Sign up online and pay with a major credit card! (Note: If you choose this option, you cannot use payroll deductions for your dues payments. Those interested in higher education membership should contact VEA's Sally Fricke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-775-8311.)
Vote NO on Charter Schools Bills
Email your Delegate and Senator Now!
Subscribe to the Works4Me newsletter and never miss a great tip!