What financial solutions do you need?
Your economic well-being is an important goal for VEA and NEA. In addition to working to increase salaries, benefits and pensions, we use our group buying power to develop cost-saving programs and products tailored just for Active and Retired school employees.
Whether you’re paying off student loans, buying your first home, financing college for your children, insuring a house or car, planning for retirement or caring for an elderly family member, VEA and NEA Member Benefits have programs and products designed just for you.
VEA and NEA Member Benefits leverage the purchasing power of 60,000-plus in Virginia and 3.2 million across the nation to offer you a wide variety of high quality investment, insurance, credit, discount products and consumer services.
We do our homework to make sure the programs we offer give you the most bang for your buck. And we make sure that you have current information and advice on issues that affect you throughout your career and your life.
Virginia-Based Programs and Services
• Car Connection. Helps you locate and purchase vehicles.
• Auto and property insurance. Special rates on homeowners and auto insurance through Horace Mann Insurance Company.
• Retirement living. Special discounts and incentives at Lucy Corr Village, a nonprofit continuing care retirement community in Chesterfield County.
• In-home help for the ill or aging. Discounts on assistance in non-medical-caregiving for family members through the Virginia franchises of Comfort Keepers.
• Cell phone savings. Special discounts on T-Mobile cell phone service.
• Entertainment discounts. Reduced rates on tickets to shows and major attractions through TicketsAtWork.
• Wholesale shopping. Save on membership in BJ's Wholesale Clubs.
National NEA Member Benefits Programs and Services
• Discounts on car rentals, vacations, classroom supplies, and more
• A range of credit-card offerings
• Savings plans
• Home financing programs
• Personal loans
• Several life-insurance options
• Auto and homeowners insurance
• Medicare supplement
• Long-Term Care insurance
To take advantage of your NEA Member Benefits: Visit the NEA Member Benefits web site, where you can learn more about all the programs and services. use Or call the NEA Member Benefits Service Center at 1-800-637-4636. Hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
Become a wise consumer: Educate yourself before you buy. NEA Member Benefits offers terrific backgrounders on retirement planning, investing, and other topics, as well as an array of financial calculators that allow you to crunch the numbers. Here's a partial list of your consumer resources:
- Credit/Debt Counseling
- Home Buying Information
- Financial calculators
- Insurance needs
- Health resources
- Life Cycle Consumer Guide
- 5 Minute Retirement Check Up
- Retirement planning
- Travel guide