Training and Workshops
We have dozens of available workshops organized around the following themes. Most can be brought to you through arrangements made by your local Association president. Click on a theme to learn more about what we offer.
- Enhancing Your Professional Career
- Help During Your First Five Years (includes Student VEA)
- Effective Strategies for Educating Special Education Students and English Language Learners
- Developing Your Leadership Skills
- Strategies for Building Stronger Local Associations
- Effective Association Governance
- Diversity Awareness and Action
- Education and Political Action
- Legal Issues: What to Know and Do
- Retirement Planning
Other Association Training Opportunities
Every Member Training. 2014 training information will be available at a later date.
NEA professional development. Relaunched in 2010, the online NEA Academy offers courses on topics such as differentiated instruction, conducting the parent conference, and effective teaching in a diverse classroom.
VEA UniServ offerings. Check out your local Association newsletters and web sites for information about regional training offered through the VEA's field UniServ offices.
PBS Teacherline. Through VEA's partnership with PBS, members are eligible for discounted online professional development from PBS Teacherline. More than 100 courses are offered. Continuing education, professional development points, and graduate credits from James Madison university are available. Click here for more.
Become a CyberlobbyistSign up now!
Reggie Smith Organizing School. July 24-26 in Richmond. Find out more and register now!